Saturday, November 14, 2015

FLORIDA HIGHWAYMEN AGAIN

Spending time painting and Fishing in the Everglades (which includes: Big Cypress, Fakahatchee, Flamingo, Everglades City, Chokoloskee, Goodland, etc), I have always admired those Florida Landscape painters known as the "Florida Highwaymen". Black Artists that set out to the highways to sell their artwork to make ends meet at a time of famine. Those days in the 60's paintings were selling from $25. to $50. and some now in the thousands$$.

All over Europe, starving artists set up in the streets to promote their craft. so I thought, why not me? So my next project is that when I go painting in the Everglades I will take a few paintings with me and display them on the bed of my truck while I paint the landscapes that so many others come to enjoy.

So with paints, a white canvas and completed paintings I set out to my favorite Loop Road spot..................to be continued....... JZ November 14, 2015

Sweetwater Strand - Big Cypress National Preserve - Oil on canvas 16x20 $175.

Fakahatchee Strand - Oil on canvas 16x20 $150.

No comments:

Post a Comment